Sen. Niezgodski will talk about bills he is involved with that impact the St. Joseph Community. These include:
- SB 164 – which would increase hotel taxes by 2% to boost tourist and recreational opportunities in our county
- SB 384 - Professional Sports and Convention Development Areas – which will allow our local governments to capture state tax revenue for local economic development, including investment in Four Winds Field
- SB 356 – which is a Compact between the Governor and the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi to allow class III gaming at the South Bend Four Winds Casino
- SB 66 – which would provide Adoptions Subsidies
- SB 259 – which protects the rights of Parents with Disabilities
Sen. Niezgodski was elected to serve Indiana’s 10th Senate District in November 2016, after serving a decade in the Indiana House of Representatives. Before serving in the Indiana General Assembly, Niezgodski held several positions at the local level such as a member of the Portage Township Advisory Board, the St. Joseph County Council, and as a county commissioner. He was a board member for the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (South Shore) for eight years and served as Chair for seven of those years, from 2000-2006.
Sen. Niezgodski serves on several important committees including Appropriations, Tax and Fiscal, Pensions and Labor, Environmental Affairs, and Public Policy.
He is a hometown guy. He graduated from South Bend’s LaSalle High School and is a licensed plumber, President and part owner of Niezgodski Plumbing.